Pew Center fact sheet
remember people are typically dying from their lungs stopping during an accidental overdose. They can be both addicted and in care or addicted and contributing members of society without dying.
Comment on Facebook
Outpatient medication-assisted therapy with buprenorphinehas has best clinical efficacy
- It is the most cost effective
- Barriers: regulatory, structural and perceptual
- We've limited the number of patients any provider can treat under this modality
- a doctor can only treat between 30 and 275 patients for addiction
- relaxed regulations around telehealth may be a victory in the crisis declaration.